Our Key ServicesAll Services
Hitpoint - Issues and InsightsRead More
(PART 1 OF A 2-PART SERIES) For healthcare executives, there are three realities about the proliferation of IT within their hospitals that should command attention. The first is that without well-managed IT systems, any hospital today would be challenged to deliver quality patient care. Second, any hospital without IT would be virtually unable to generate claims to get paid for its services. Third, despite IT’s central role in hospitals, it seems to live in a separate world, with its own unique demands, timelines, skill sets, and vocabulary — making its activities and performance levels difficult for laymen to understand. This combination makes for a potential perfect storm…
About the Blog: HITPoint
Phoenix Health Systems’ staff is passionate about the future of healthcare. Follow our award-winning HITPoint blog, for industry and technology-related analyses, ideas, and comments.
The healthcare industry has been kind to Phoenix, and we love reciprocating! We hope you will benefit from our insights into key IT issues, gained from our long on-the-ground professional experience.
How Omnibus HIPAA is tougher than HIPAA
Read our resource Guide to the Omnibus HIPAA Rules details far-reaching impacts:
- Tougher breach definitions and more complex notification provisions
- Increased patient access to and control of personal health information in all PHI-touching systems
- Changes in the use of PHI for research, marketing, fundraising, and sales
- New Business Associates’ liability and major changes in BA agreements
- Required changes in all Notices of Privacy Practices
- Stronger enforcement powers of the Department of Health and Human Services
- Numerous technical — but necessary — details
Other Hospitals Have Great 24X7X365 Help Desk Support. Why Doesn't Yours?
Do away with the burden of Service Desk staffing, poor performance, and dealing with irate physicians about new EHRs. We provide hospitals seamless, onshore round-the-clock support with the fastest first call resolution in the industry. You can have it too, for what you’re spending now or less. Learn more…