Our Key ServicesAll Services
Hitpoint - Issues and InsightsRead More
In the first six weeks of 2017, HHS has already received 35% more reports of HIPAA security breaches than in the same period in 2016. We all know 2015 and 2016 were record years for the number and severity of healthcare industry security breaches. In 2016 alone, the top ten security incidents compromised the personal records of over 13 million individuals. Over 370 breaches were reported, according to Modern Healthcare. Too often, the healthcare providers or business associates had not kept up with regular security assessments. Worse, security incidents often were due to risks previously identified in security assessments, but not acted upon. Clearly, doing a…
About the Blog: HITPoint
Phoenix Health Systems’ staff is passionate about the future of healthcare. Follow our award-winning HITPoint blog, for industry and technology-related analyses, ideas, and comments.
The healthcare industry has been kind to Phoenix, and we love reciprocating! We hope you will benefit from our insights into key IT issues, gained from our long on-the-ground professional experience.
How Omnibus HIPAA is tougher than HIPAA
Read our resource Guide to the Omnibus HIPAA Rules details far-reaching impacts:
- Tougher breach definitions and more complex notification provisions
- Increased patient access to and control of personal health information in all PHI-touching systems
- Changes in the use of PHI for research, marketing, fundraising, and sales
- New Business Associates’ liability and major changes in BA agreements
- Required changes in all Notices of Privacy Practices
- Stronger enforcement powers of the Department of Health and Human Services
- Numerous technical — but necessary — details
Other Hospitals Have Great 24 X 7 X 365 Service Desk Support. Why Doesn't Yours?
Do away with the burden of Service Desk staffing, poor performance, and dealing with irate physicians about new EHRs. We provide hospitals seamless, onshore round-the-clock support with the fastest first call resolution in the industry. You can have it too, for what you’re spending now or less. Learn more…