Our Key ServicesAll Services
Hitpoint - Issues and InsightsRead More
Many EHR components were developed as early as 30 years ago, but it wasn’t until 2009 that the federal Meaningful Use incentive program precipitated wide-spread implementation of robust EHRs across healthcare. If the EHRs themselves are young, interoperability is still in its infancy. A large majority of acute care hospitals and other providers now have an HHS-certified EHR, providing the needed critical mass to make interoperability even possible. But many barriers remain, not the least of which is a lack of standardized patient identification. Many industry leaders agree that achieving interoperability is one reason why it is time to move…
About the Blog: HITPoint
Phoenix Health Systems’ staff is passionate about the future of healthcare. Follow our award-winning HITPoint blog, for industry and technology-related analyses, ideas, and comments.
The healthcare industry has been kind to Phoenix, and we love reciprocating! We hope you will benefit from our insights into key IT issues, gained from our long on-the-ground professional experience.
How Omnibus HIPAA is tougher than HIPAA
Read our resource Guide to the Omnibus HIPAA Rules details far-reaching impacts:
- Tougher breach definitions and more complex notification provisions
- Increased patient access to and control of personal health information in all PHI-touching systems
- Changes in the use of PHI for research, marketing, fundraising, and sales
- New Business Associates’ liability and major changes in BA agreements
- Required changes in all Notices of Privacy Practices
- Stronger enforcement powers of the Department of Health and Human Services
- Numerous technical — but necessary — details
Other Hospitals Have Great 24 X 7 X 365 Service Desk Support. Why Doesn't Yours?
Do away with the burden of Service Desk staffing, poor performance, and dealing with irate physicians about new EHRs. We provide hospitals seamless, onshore round-the-clock support with the fastest first call resolution in the industry. You can have it too, for what you’re spending now or less. Learn more…