Our Key ServicesAll Services
Hitpoint - Issues and InsightsRead More
Shadow IT is a concern for nearly 90% of organizations responding in a recent HDI research report about unauthorized cloud app use and its impact. As I reported in a post last year, the average healthcare organization uses an astounding 928 cloud services, but their IT departments reported knowing about just 60 cloud services on average. Employees bring cloud services into their work places for increased productivity, usually without the knowledge of IT, sometimes creating serious security risks. There is no one better positioned than the IT support center to help manage the use of shadow IT and mitigate the risks…
About the Blog: HITPoint
Phoenix Health Systems’ staff is passionate about the future of healthcare. Follow our award-winning HITPoint blog, for industry and technology-related analyses, ideas, and comments.
The healthcare industry has been kind to Phoenix, and we love reciprocating! We hope you will benefit from our insights into key IT issues, gained from our long on-the-ground professional experience.
How Omnibus HIPAA is tougher than HIPAA
Read our resource Guide to the Omnibus HIPAA Rules details far-reaching impacts:
- Tougher breach definitions and more complex notification provisions
- Increased patient access to and control of personal health information in all PHI-touching systems
- Changes in the use of PHI for research, marketing, fundraising, and sales
- New Business Associates’ liability and major changes in BA agreements
- Required changes in all Notices of Privacy Practices
- Stronger enforcement powers of the Department of Health and Human Services
- Numerous technical — but necessary — details
Other Hospitals Have Great 24 X 7 X 365 Service Desk Support. Why Doesn't Yours?
Do away with the burden of Service Desk staffing, poor performance, and dealing with irate physicians about new EHRs. We provide hospitals seamless, onshore round-the-clock support with the fastest first call resolution in the industry. You can have it too, for what you’re spending now or less. Learn more…