Our Key ServicesAll Services
Hitpoint - Issues and InsightsRead More
Remember the concept of HIPAA “covered entities?” Today HIPAA requirements of covered entities are to health data privacy and security as muskets are to modern police protection — outdated and inadequate. The traditional HIPAA model regulates health plans, health care providers, health clearinghouses, and their business associates with strict provisions for securing our “protected health information” (PHI) so that it remains, first and foremost, ours. But today, Americans share a vast amount of our health information with uncovered entities, often without realizing it. As a result, our protected health information may be more at risk than ever. Fast forward from…
About the Blog: HITPoint
Phoenix Health Systems’ staff is passionate about the future of healthcare. Follow our award-winning HITPoint blog, for industry and technology-related analyses, ideas, and comments.
The healthcare industry has been kind to Phoenix, and we love reciprocating! We hope you will benefit from our insights into key IT issues, gained from our long on-the-ground professional experience.
How Omnibus HIPAA is tougher than HIPAA
Read our resource Guide to the Omnibus HIPAA Rules details far-reaching impacts:
- Tougher breach definitions and more complex notification provisions
- Increased patient access to and control of personal health information in all PHI-touching systems
- Changes in the use of PHI for research, marketing, fundraising, and sales
- New Business Associates’ liability and major changes in BA agreements
- Required changes in all Notices of Privacy Practices
- Stronger enforcement powers of the Department of Health and Human Services
- Numerous technical — but necessary — details
Other Hospitals Have Great 24 X 7 X 365 Service Desk Support. Why Doesn't Yours?
Do away with the burden of Service Desk staffing, poor performance, and dealing with irate physicians about new EHRs. We provide hospitals seamless, onshore round-the-clock support with the fastest first call resolution in the industry. You can have it too, for what you’re spending now or less. Learn more…