Our Key ServicesAll Services
Hitpoint - Issues and InsightsRead More
Today’s information technology term “user” is equivalent to the 19th century “hoddypeak” — and is equally way out of date. Back then a hoddypeak was a “fool or simpleton,” and today many hospital IT departments continue to carry a similar prejudice about their infrastructure users — the doctors, nurses and others that depend on the hospital’s hardware and software to get their work done. With digital technologies’ lightning growth, the “user” appellation seems to have morphed into a convenient, generic term coined in the IT industry to differentiate IT savvy specialists and tech dummies. The latter? Those would be the rest of us, presumably floundering around PCs, the internet, and EHRs. The…
About the Blog: HITPoint
Phoenix Health Systems’ staff is passionate about the future of healthcare. Follow our award-winning HITPoint blog, for industry and technology-related analyses, ideas, and comments.
The healthcare industry has been kind to Phoenix, and we love reciprocating! We hope you will benefit from our insights into key IT issues, gained from our long on-the-ground professional experience.
How Omnibus HIPAA is tougher than HIPAA
Read our resource Guide to the Omnibus HIPAA Rules details far-reaching impacts:
- Tougher breach definitions and more complex notification provisions
- Increased patient access to and control of personal health information in all PHI-touching systems
- Changes in the use of PHI for research, marketing, fundraising, and sales
- New Business Associates’ liability and major changes in BA agreements
- Required changes in all Notices of Privacy Practices
- Stronger enforcement powers of the Department of Health and Human Services
- Numerous technical — but necessary — details
Other Hospitals Have Great 24 X 7 X 365 Service Desk Support. Why Doesn't Yours?
Do away with the burden of Service Desk staffing, poor performance, and dealing with irate physicians about new EHRs. We provide hospitals seamless, onshore round-the-clock support with the fastest first call resolution in the industry. You can have it too, for what you’re spending now or less. Learn more…