Managing existing legacy systems is a key obligation of hospital IT Departments during transitions to new EHRs. The transition from your legacy system to new technology must be seamless and uninterrupted. Patient care and overall hospital operations cannot be compromised and federal HIPAA and JCAHO compliance must remain consistent before, during and after the new implementation.
Many organizations choose not to use valuable technical staff members to maintain a sun setting legacy system, preferring to dedicate them to the new implementation project.
Phoenix will assume responsibility for leadership, support and operation of your legacy system while a new system is being installed.
- We can move all or part of the legacy system operation off-site, including hosting the current hardware platform.
- We can leverage our on-shore Service Desk operations to seamlessly provide Service Desk for the legacy system, the replacement system or both.
- We will assume interim responsibility for IT operations by assigning an experienced CIO to manage the legacy systems and support transition in areas such as data migration and change management.
- We can design and lead your overall transition plan.
We have successfully developed and executed project plans for legacy IT systems transition in many hospital environments with sunset objectives. In some cases we managed only the legacy systems; in others, we also managed the transition. In all cases, we have successfully retained all staff until IT operations ended or were transferred.
• hospitals transitioning to a new system
• hospitals that have been acquired or expect to be acquired
• hospitals transitioning to new outsourcing vendors
• hospitals undergoing or planning bankruptcy
Download our information sheet: PHS Legacy Systems Management